Drug Awareness Evening
Drug Awareness Evening – 14 November 2018
As a school, we are committed to providing our students with opportunities to learn the skills they need for a happy, healthy life. This includes essential drug and alcohol education, which is age appropriate and part of the National Curriculum. Whilst this is very important, a consistent approach from home and school is invaluable.
We would therefore like to invite all parents/carers to a Drug Awareness Evening on Wednesday 14 November 2018 from 7.00pm to 8.45 pm, in the Sixth Form Centre (parking will be available in the Sports Centre car park and overflow only).
The workshop will be delivered by representatives from North Yorkshire Police, North Yorkshire County Council’s Prevention Service and Youth Justice Service and the Harrogate District NHS Foundation Trust Healthy Child Team.
The workshop will provide:
- Practical, up-to-date information about alcohol and drugs including cannabis, cocaine, MDMA and New Psychoactive Substances (previously known as ‘legal highs’).
- Information on the legal, health and social risks of substance misuse.
- Information on the local situation regarding drug and alcohol use.
- Useful tips on how to talk about this sensitive subject at home.
- Details of where to go for additional information and support.
- A question and answer session for parents to learn more.
If you would like to attend, please fill out the form below to register as places are limited.